- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Tourism group changes name and acronym
MADISON, Wis. -- A Wisconsin tourism lobbying group is changing its name after realizing its initials formed a crude acronym.
The Wisconsin Tourism Federation group did a quiet rebranding in July, changing its name to the Tourism Federation of Wisconsin and updating its logo from WTF to TFW after websites and blogs began poking fun at it. It had no way of knowing 30 years ago that the letters would go on to take on a crude association.
Lead lobbyist for the group, Chet Gerlach, said Wednesday the federation made the change after the meaning of the common text message lingo was brought to their attention.
FWIW (For what it's worth), officials say Wisconsin's tourism industry is a $13 billion business and grew 2.7 percent last year.