- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Tourism group changes name and acronym
MADISON, Wis. -- A Wisconsin tourism lobbying group is changing its name after realizing its initials formed a crude acronym.
The Wisconsin Tourism Federation group did a quiet rebranding in July, changing its name to the Tourism Federation of Wisconsin and updating its logo from WTF to TFW after websites and blogs began poking fun at it. It had no way of knowing 30 years ago that the letters would go on to take on a crude association.
Lead lobbyist for the group, Chet Gerlach, said Wednesday the federation made the change after the meaning of the common text message lingo was brought to their attention.
FWIW (For what it's worth), officials say Wisconsin's tourism industry is a $13 billion business and grew 2.7 percent last year.