- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Tourism group changes name and acronym
MADISON, Wis. -- A Wisconsin tourism lobbying group is changing its name after realizing its initials formed a crude acronym.
The Wisconsin Tourism Federation group did a quiet rebranding in July, changing its name to the Tourism Federation of Wisconsin and updating its logo from WTF to TFW after websites and blogs began poking fun at it. It had no way of knowing 30 years ago that the letters would go on to take on a crude association.
Lead lobbyist for the group, Chet Gerlach, said Wednesday the federation made the change after the meaning of the common text message lingo was brought to their attention.
FWIW (For what it's worth), officials say Wisconsin's tourism industry is a $13 billion business and grew 2.7 percent last year.