- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Checkpoints briefly closed at Texas airport
HOUSTON -- Security checkpoints in three of five terminals at a Houston airport were closed for about 15 minutes after a passenger accidentally got on an escalator going down, then turned around and ran back up.
Houston Airport System spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said the incident was reported Wednesday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport as a potential security breach. The passenger had been going down the escalator out of the secured area before running back up.
Checkpoints in the three terminals were closed briefly while the person was found and the situation sorted out.
McClinton says the passenger never actually crossed into the unsecured area. She says the closure caused "minimal disruption to operations."