- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Checkpoints briefly closed at Texas airport
HOUSTON -- Security checkpoints in three of five terminals at a Houston airport were closed for about 15 minutes after a passenger accidentally got on an escalator going down, then turned around and ran back up.
Houston Airport System spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said the incident was reported Wednesday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport as a potential security breach. The passenger had been going down the escalator out of the secured area before running back up.
Checkpoints in the three terminals were closed briefly while the person was found and the situation sorted out.
McClinton says the passenger never actually crossed into the unsecured area. She says the closure caused "minimal disruption to operations."