- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)17
Checkpoints briefly closed at Texas airport
HOUSTON -- Security checkpoints in three of five terminals at a Houston airport were closed for about 15 minutes after a passenger accidentally got on an escalator going down, then turned around and ran back up.
Houston Airport System spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said the incident was reported Wednesday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport as a potential security breach. The passenger had been going down the escalator out of the secured area before running back up.
Checkpoints in the three terminals were closed briefly while the person was found and the situation sorted out.
McClinton says the passenger never actually crossed into the unsecured area. She says the closure caused "minimal disruption to operations."