- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Checkpoints briefly closed at Texas airport
HOUSTON -- Security checkpoints in three of five terminals at a Houston airport were closed for about 15 minutes after a passenger accidentally got on an escalator going down, then turned around and ran back up.
Houston Airport System spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said the incident was reported Wednesday at George Bush Intercontinental Airport as a potential security breach. The passenger had been going down the escalator out of the secured area before running back up.
Checkpoints in the three terminals were closed briefly while the person was found and the situation sorted out.
McClinton says the passenger never actually crossed into the unsecured area. She says the closure caused "minimal disruption to operations."