- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SEMO student injured in bike collision
A Southeast Missouri State University student was injured Wednesday morning when his dirt bike collided with a Honda Accord. According to Cpl. Adam Glueck of the Cape Girardeau Police Department, the accident occurred shortly before 6:30 a.m. A dirt bike driven by Alex Dickherber, 21, of Wentzville, Mo., was traveling south past Cottonwood Residential Treatment Center at 1025 N. Sprigg St. in Cape Girardeau. As he was passing by the center, a Honda Accord driven by Jason Chavez, 25, of Cape Girardeau was backing out of the center's parking lot. The Accord then hit the dirt bike. Chavez told police he did not see the dirt bike because it allegedly did not have headlights on at the time of the accident. No citations were issued, though Dickherber was treated for non-life-threatening leg injuries at a Cape Girardeau hospital.
1025 N. Sprigg St.