- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
Opal L. Perkins, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
She was born Feb. 15, 1912, in Laflin, Mo., the daughter of Elmer and Rhoda Moore Poston. She married Louis Perkins Oct. 25, 1952, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death July 28, 1982.
She was one of the first persons to join First General Baptist Church when it was organized in 1927. She was a very active church member.
She worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. 35 years, retiring in 1977. She was a volunteer at Saint Francis Medical Center and a charter member of Saint Francis Medical Center Mended Hearts Association.
Survivors include five nephews, James, John and David Poston of Cape Girardeau, Thomas Poston of Papillion, Neb., Larry Poston of Fair Oaks, Calif., and a sister-in-law, Virginia Poston of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and two brothers, Glen and Lynn Poston.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at noon Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. H. Dean Jaggers officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.