- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ruth Ira Militti, 88, of Jackson died Saturday, Feb. 26, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Jan. 25, 1917, in Searcy, Ark., daughter of Columbus and Lucille Evans Robbins. She and Yano Militti were married May 26, 1936, in Grassy, Mo.
She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson, the Blind Club of Southeast Missouri and Women on Mission.
Survivors include a son, Jeffrey Militti of Fort Gordon, Ga.; three daughters, June McCaslin and Ruth O'Dell, both of St. Louis, Rosemary Benton of Jackson; a brother, Lonnie Robbins of St. Clair, Mo.; a sister, Ruby Pruett of Mesa, Ariz.; 11 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Revs. Carter Frey and Randy Poole officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery at Grassy.