- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Clifford Petton Sr.
MARQUAND, Mo. -- Clifford Warren Petton Sr., 83, of Marquand died Saturday, Feb. 26, 2005, at his home.
He was born March 19, 1921, in St. Louis, Mo., son of Edward and Christine Faitz Pettan. He and Doris Jakubowski were married Feb. 19, 1946, in St. Louis.
Petton was a telephone repairman for Southwestern Bell. He was an honorary life member of Communication Workers of America, VFW Post 2593 in Arnold, Mo., and of the Telephone Pioneers. He served in the U.S. Navy in the Pacific, European and Middle East campaigns during World War II. He received three campaign stars.
Survivors include his wife of Marble Hill, Mo.; two sons, Clifford Petton Jr. and Stanley Petton Sr., both of Marble Hill; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Old Union Methodist Church in Bessville, Mo. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the church. Burial will be at Old Union Cemetery in Marble Hill.
Hutchings Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.