- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
BURFORDVILLE, Mo. -- Ethel May Taylor, 91, of Burfordville died Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009, at the Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born March 16, 1918, in Poynor, Mo., daughter of Daniel Henderson and Margret Barks Seabaugh. Ethel and Jacob Thomas Taylor were married July 20, 1932. in Jackson. He died Feb. 3, 1999.
Taylor worked for the former International Shoe Co. in Jackson, Chaffee Pants Factory, Cape LaCroix Manor and The Kiddie College in Jackson.
Taylor was raised in the Baptist faith.
Survivors include three sons, James Jimmie (Ruth) Taylor of Burfordville, Larry G. Taylor of Scott City, Roy J. Taylor; six daughters, Margret (Leon) Dickerson and Mary (Dale) Kutscher of Jackson, Patricia (Gene) Dickerson of Oswego, Kan., Nancy L. Long of Melbourne, Ark., Carrie L. Mitchell of McKenzie, Tenn., and Wanda S. Banks of Boonville, Mo.; 29 grandchildren; 59 great-grandchildren; and 25 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Shirley Louise; a daughter-in-law, Stella; two grandchildren; a great-grandchild; three brothers; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jack Owens and David Schaffner officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to Alzheimers Association.