- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Beulah Lackey, 75, of Benton died Friday, Feb. 25, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 26, 1930, at Mound City, Ill., daughter of Elmer Allen and Lora Leatherland Welch.
She and Harley William Lackey were married June 15, 1950, at Piggott, Ark. He died Sept. 12, 1985.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy Welter of Benton; two brothers, Sylvester Welch of Cobden, Ill., Gary Welch of Olive Branch, Ill.; a sister, Jeanette Phillips of Olive Branch; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
There will be no public services. Private burial will be in the National Cemetery at Mound City.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel of Benton is in charge of the arrangements.