- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Mrs. Dororthy C. Resch, 86, of Anna died at 7:17 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 24, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born April 30, 1918, in Monroe, N.Y., daughter of George F. and Grace Smith Sapper. She married Charles Edwin Resch on May 12, 1946, in Monroe; he preceded her in death Jan. 4, 2000.
She was a member of Mount Moriah Lutheran Church in Anna.
She is survived by two sons, John Resch and wife Sharon of Dongola, Ill., Dale Resch and wife Sue of Rosedale, Ind.; a granddaughter, Jessica Resch of Chicago; a sister-in-law, Mildred Newlon of Cairo, Ill.; two cousins, Phyllis Booi of Holland, Mich., Dr. Charles Smith of Wilmington, Del.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna with the Rev. Dare Aden officiating. Interment will be in Anna City Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
Memorials may be made to the Union County Nursing Home. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.