- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Central softball team falls to Poplar Bluff 7-2 after 6 errors
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Six errors led to four unearned runs Thursday for the Central softball team in a 7-2 loss to Poplar Bluff.
Emily Myers scored both runs for Central and was 2 for 4 with a double, but took the loss in her third game back in the circle after returning from a broken pinkie.
The Tigers scored first when Myers reached on an error to start the game. She later scored on Taylre Scott's RBI groundout.
Poplar Bluff scored three times in the first after a walk and a throwing error started the inning. Breanna Moore drove in two runs with a double and later scored on an RBI groundout by Chelsea Coleman for a 3-1 lead.
The Mules added four runs in the third after consecutive errors by Central started the inning. Moore's RBI single up the middle made it 4-1, and after a walk loaded the bases, Brandy Perry doubled in two runs. Another error later allowed the fourth run to score.
Central, which left seven baserunners stranded, got a run in the fifth when Myers doubled with one out and later scored on Scott's groundout.
Nikki Graham, Tori Ourth, Chelsea Sterling and Scott each had hits for Central.
Myers struck out three, walked three and gave up three hits in three innings. Freshman Bailey Kratochvil pitched three shutout innings, striking out two and allowing three hits in relief.
Perry struck out two, walked two and gave up one earned run on six hits in seven innings for the win.
WP -- Brandy Perry. LP -- Emily Myers. 2B -- Myers (C).