- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joyce Faye Kirn, 68, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009, at her home.
She was born Aug. 13, 1941, in Marble Hill, Mo., to Charles Edward and Delcie Hanners Newell. She and Alfred Kirn were married Feb. 7, 1959.
Joyce was a CNA more than 35 years in several local nursing homes, including the former Deal Nursing Home and Jackson Manor in Jackson, retiring in 1998 due to health.
She had attended the Church of Jesus Christ on County Road 316 in Jackson.
Loving survivors include her husband of 50 years, Alfred of Jackson; two daughters, Kim (Gary) Ford of Oak Ridge, Gina Owen of Jackson; two grandsons, Cody (Amber) Ford and daughter Taylor of Tinker Air Force Base, Okla., Justin Owen of Jackson; a brother, Danny Eugene Newell of Perryville, Mo.; and a sister, Mary Ruth (Charles) Maddox of Marble Hill.
Joyce was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Delbert Mueller officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials are suggested to American Cancer Society, Diabetes Foundation or the family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.