- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Hazel I. Karsteter, 94, of Anna died Thursday, Feb. 24, 2005, at Union County Hospital at Anna.
She was born March 20, 1910, daughter of Thomas and Lula Broadway Bilderbeck. She married Claude Anderson in June of 1930; he died May 16, 1957. She married Arthur Karsteter Oct. 17 1962; he died Sept. 30, 1978.
She was a 30-year member of the First Baptist Church in Anna, and was an RSVP volunteer for many years. She retired from the Anna State Hospital.
Survivors include two daughters, Jane Yates of Buncombe, Ill., and Shirley Wagner of Oxford, Wis.; two sisters, Mary Smith of Anna and Maude Anderson of Littleton, Colo.; four grandsons; four great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, two sisters and a grandson.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Crain Funeral Home of Anna is in charge of arrangements.