- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
ANNA, Ill. -- Hazel I. Karsteter, 94, of Anna died Thursday, Feb. 24, 2005, at Union County Hospital at Anna.
She was born March 20, 1910, daughter of Thomas and Lula Broadway Bilderbeck. She married Claude Anderson in June of 1930; he died May 16, 1957. She married Arthur Karsteter Oct. 17 1962; he died Sept. 30, 1978.
She was a 30-year member of the First Baptist Church in Anna, and was an RSVP volunteer for many years. She retired from the Anna State Hospital.
Survivors include two daughters, Jane Yates of Buncombe, Ill., and Shirley Wagner of Oxford, Wis.; two sisters, Mary Smith of Anna and Maude Anderson of Littleton, Colo.; four grandsons; four great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, two sisters and a grandson.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Crain Funeral Home of Anna is in charge of arrangements.