- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
St. Vincent football allows over 400 yards in loss
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Maplewood used a healthy dose of the pass and run to hand St. Vincent its fourth loss to open the season.
Maplewood scored twice in the third quarter to erase a one-point deficit at halftime and added another score for the 25-7 victory Friday.
The Blue Devils rushed for 256 yards and passed for another 168 yards in their win.
St. Vincent's lone touchdown came on a 1-yard run by C.J. Pavlovsky on fourth down in the second quarter. He led the Indians with 40 yards rushing on 13 carries.
Check Sunday's Southeast Missourian for more on St. Vincent's game.