- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Jaycee Follies reunion planned Oct. 30 at museum
A few of the Cape Girardeau Jaycee Exhausted Roosters along with Cape River Heritage Museum volunteers are planning a reception honoring the former cast and crew of the poplar Jaycee Follies. The Follies ran for 20 years from 1962 to 1982 and raised more than $250,000 to support 140 community projects sponsored by the Jaycees.
The Follies was a fun-filled variety show complete with music, choreography, costumes, props, script, gags and theater lighting skillfully brought to life by a professional director from New York City. The area's best local talent, housewives, businessmen, students, children and a first-rate crew rehearsed and built sets for two weeks to prepare for the standing-room-only shows.
The reception is part of the "Jerry Ford's 50 Years of Music" exhibit currently on display at the museum. Ford's combo provided music for all 20 years of shows. The reception will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30 at the museum. The public is invited, and admission is $5 per person. Refreshments and entertainment are included.
Our biggest challenge is locating contact information for the cast and crew. To get tickets, volunteer or be added to the mailing list, contact the museum 334-0405 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Jerry Ford at email@example.com or 335-6459. Or contact any committee member.
We look forward to seeing you at the Jaycee Follies reunion.
JERRY FORD, JERRY McCLANNAHAN, NORM ROBERT, LARRY ESSNER, KEN LIPPS and JOHN HOLCOMB, Exhausted Roosters, Cape Girardeau Jaycees