- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 9/17/09
Lents captures championship flight
Robert Lents took first place in the championship flight at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's club championship.
Steve Logel placed second while Eric Bergmann was third.
Tom Benton won A flight, followed by Austin Putty and Keith Middleton.
In B flight, Butch Smiley finished first, followed by Mel Moore and David Michel.
Jeff Hine finished first in C flight, followed by Ronn Unterreiner and John Layton.
Three tie for medalist honors
Kathy Morris, Linda Tewis and Marlena Jones all shot 85s to finish tied for medalist honors at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Mary Ellen Bean had the most 3s, Jones shot the most 4s and Betty Michel and Janet White tied for the most 5s.
Cook team wins golf outing
The team of Darryl Cook, Tom James, Drew Thornton and David Lynch took first place in the championship flight at the fifth annual Horizons golf outing.
The team of Jeff Seible, Paul Barber, Blue Deckard and Colby Palisch was second while the team of Craig Ernstmeyer, Wayne Steffens, Matt Steffens and Mike Hecht placed third.
In A flight, the team of Connie Sides, Andrea Wendel, Kristen Howard and Cory Daniel placed first, followed by the team of Scott Anderson, Jim Winder, Rick Saupe and Mark Strand and the team of Ed Leoni, Margo Greicar, Sean Collins and Joe Pujol.
In B flight, the team of David Wunderlich, Celeste Wunderlich, Lori Bronenkant and Gary Weber took first place, followed by the team of Claire Urhahn, Mary Cotner, Ben Scheffer and Mary Scheffer and the team of Bruce Benton, David Hitt, David Bloom and Steve Popp.
Johnson wins medalist honors
Barb Johnson captured medalist honors at the Kimbeland Ladies weekly golf outing.
Vickie Long won the championship flight, Harriet Drusch took first in A flight, Dorothy Holland captured B flight and Shelia George won C flight.
The Kimbeland team of Sharon McCune, Lillian Schneider, Margaret Sanders and Dorothy Holland took first place in A flight at the St. Francois Country Club's four-lady scramble. Sanders also won closest to the hole with a hole-in-one. The team of Sis Winkler, Cis Erlbacher, Dottie Gill and JoEllen Haas won C flight.
Johnson brings home club championship
Bryan Johnson shot a 66-66--132 to win the championship flight at the Kimbeland Country Club's club championship.
Mark Mungle shot a 70-69--139 and Mark McDowell shot a 73-71--144.
In A flight, Clint Ruppel took first with a 73-76--149, followed by Sam Birk (75-75--150) and Steve Miller (74-76--150).
In B flight, Randy Balsman shot a 72-76--148 for first place, followed by Ron Scherer (75-77--152) and Bob Kinder (77-79--156).
David Little won C flight with an 81-85--166, followed by Jim Rapp (86-81--167) and Sam McCune (82-86--168).
-- From staff reports