- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Robert Matthew Fechner, 17, of Hemet, Calif., died Friday, Feb. 11, 2005, at his home.
He was born Sept. 12, 1987, in Hemet, son of Robert and Pamela Fechner.
Fechner was a junior at Hemet High School and worked part time for the city of Hemet. He attended St. John's Lutheran Church and played in the Hemet Youth Baseball League.
Survivors include his parents; two sisters, Misty Fechner of Milwaukee, Wis., Kristin Fechner of Hemet; a brother, Mike Fechner of Milwaukee; grandparents, Lorraine Schlaikowski of Milwaukee and Gene and Olida Bartels of Millersville; and great-grandmother, Ola Bartels of Whitewater.
The funeral was held Feb. 18 at St. John's Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Dennis Stueve officiating. Burial was in San Jacinto Valley Cemetery in San Jacinto, Calif.
Miller-Jones Mortuary and Crematory in Hemet was in charge of arrangements.