- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lena Irene Sims, 88, of Jackson died Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, at Monticello House.
She was born May 7, 1916, in Damascus, Ark., daughter of George and Sally Hensley Sims. She and Bernie Sims were married Nov. 30, 1933, in New Madrid, Mo. He died June 2, 2003.
Sims moved to Jackson in 2001.
Survivors include a son, Larry Sims of Mesa, Ariz.; four daughters, Jackie Baker of Marion, Ill., Ginger Riehn of Oak Ridge, Beverly Tidwell of Bloomington, Ill., Cherie Abner of Brunswick, Ga.; a sister, Anne Alsup of Maryland Heights, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Thursday at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo.
Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston, Mo., with Martin Lucas officiating.