- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Lena Irene Sims, 88, of Jackson died Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, at Monticello House.
She was born May 7, 1916, in Damascus, Ark., daughter of George and Sally Hensley Sims. She and Bernie Sims were married Nov. 30, 1933, in New Madrid, Mo. He died June 2, 2003.
Sims moved to Jackson in 2001.
Survivors include a son, Larry Sims of Mesa, Ariz.; four daughters, Jackie Baker of Marion, Ill., Ginger Riehn of Oak Ridge, Beverly Tidwell of Bloomington, Ill., Cherie Abner of Brunswick, Ga.; a sister, Anne Alsup of Maryland Heights, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Thursday at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo.
Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston, Mo., with Martin Lucas officiating.