- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Lena Irene Sims, 88, of Jackson died Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005, at Monticello House.
She was born May 7, 1916, in Damascus, Ark., daughter of George and Sally Hensley Sims. She and Bernie Sims were married Nov. 30, 1933, in New Madrid, Mo. He died June 2, 2003.
Sims moved to Jackson in 2001.
Survivors include a son, Larry Sims of Mesa, Ariz.; four daughters, Jackie Baker of Marion, Ill., Ginger Riehn of Oak Ridge, Beverly Tidwell of Bloomington, Ill., Cherie Abner of Brunswick, Ga.; a sister, Anne Alsup of Maryland Heights, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call after 10 a.m. Thursday at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo.
Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston, Mo., with Martin Lucas officiating.