- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Robert Clifton "Bob" Wood, 83, of Bay City, Texas, died Friday, Feb. 18, 2005, at the Legacy Nursing Center in Bay City.
He was born June 19, 1921, at Peculiar, Mo., son of Leroy M. and Leta Mae Britton Wood. He and Anne Hitt were married June 19, 1949. She died July 15, 1995.
Formerly of Delta, Wood retired as a teacher and coach from Delta School District. He was a former member, deacon and Sunday school teacher at First Baptist Church in Delta. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Bay City.
Wood served with the U.S. Army military police during the Korean War.
Survivors include two daughters, Abby Bundick of Sweeny, Texas, Beth Browning of McAllen, Texas; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and five sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church in Delta, with the Rev. Bradley Fowler officiating. Burial will be in Hitt Cemetery near Arbor, Mo.