- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Thomas Pfeiffer, 57, of Westland, Mich., died Saturday, Feb. 19, 2005, at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, Mich.
He was born April 18, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, son of Victor and Norma Hemmann Pfeiffer. He and Ann Kaiser were married July 26, 1969.
Mr. Pfeiffer was a graduate of Jackson High School and Concordia College in Seward, Neb.
He was a member of St. Matthew Lutheran Church in Garden City, Mich. He was a teacher at St. Matthew Lutheran School in Garden City and had been a principal there. He served the Lutheran church 28 years.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters and a son-in-law, Sarah and Ben Groehmann of Westland, Natalie Pfeiffer of Champaign, Ill.; a brother, Wayne Pfeiffer of Jackson; a sister, Joan Pfeiffer Humphries of O'Fallon, Mo.; and three grandchildren, Zachariah, Samuel and Susan.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Matthew Lutheran Church. The Rev. Paul Pollarz and the Rev. Kurt Lambart will officiate. Burial will be in a cemetery in Macomb, Mich.
Santeiu Funeral Home in Garden City is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to St. Matthew Lutheran School, c/o Santeiu Funeral Home, 1139 Inkster Road, Garden City, Mich. 48135.