- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Thelma Margaret King, 88, of New Madrid, Mo., died Monday, Feb. 21, 2005, at Beverly Healthcare Facility in New Madrid.
She was born May 10, 1916, daughter of Robert and Oma Parks. She and Robert King of Portageville, Mo., were married May 10, 1936. He preceded her in death in 1981.
Thelma was a lifelong resident of New Madrid County, and was public relations officer many years at Bank of New Madrid.
She is survived by eight children, Robert (Mary) King Jr. of Manchester, Mo., Beth (Michael) Mapes of Cape Girardeau, Susan (Michael) Totty of Arlington, Texas, John Harry King of New Madrid, Mary Linda (Ken) King of San Jose, Calif., Jimmy and Vicki Jo King of Lilbourn, Mo., Joseph King of Las Vegas, Nev., and Richard King of New Madrid.
Thelma is the grandmother of 16 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three children, Kenneth Parks King, Anna Maria King Taylor and Thomas Michael King.
Visitation will be at Richards Funeral Home, 436 Main St. in New Madrid, Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m.. The rosary will be recited at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in New Madrid. Burial will be in Mounds Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Gene Rooker, Sam Hunter, Tim Hunter, David Alsobrook, Justin Rojas and Greg Lasiter.