- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
"Southern Illinois Has Talent"
Finalists for the Southern Illinois Has Talent show scheduled for Saturday night Sept 5 on stage in front of the main grandstand were determined in preliminary competition held at the Fair grounds on Aug 30. There was four different age groups in the preliminaries. In the age group of,
15-24 yr olds Kevin Harbison 18 of Matthews, Mo. took first place and was invited back on Sept 5 to Battle for Grand Championship at Du Quoin State Fair in his age group. Kevin Harbison won ist place an the title as "Southern Illinois Has Talent"