- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
"Southern Illinois Has Talent"
Finalists for the Southern Illinois Has Talent show scheduled for Saturday night Sept 5 on stage in front of the main grandstand were determined in preliminary competition held at the Fair grounds on Aug 30. There was four different age groups in the preliminaries. In the age group of,
15-24 yr olds Kevin Harbison 18 of Matthews, Mo. took first place and was invited back on Sept 5 to Battle for Grand Championship at Du Quoin State Fair in his age group. Kevin Harbison won ist place an the title as "Southern Illinois Has Talent"