- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
"Southern Illinois Has Talent"
Finalists for the Southern Illinois Has Talent show scheduled for Saturday night Sept 5 on stage in front of the main grandstand were determined in preliminary competition held at the Fair grounds on Aug 30. There was four different age groups in the preliminaries. In the age group of,
15-24 yr olds Kevin Harbison 18 of Matthews, Mo. took first place and was invited back on Sept 5 to Battle for Grand Championship at Du Quoin State Fair in his age group. Kevin Harbison won ist place an the title as "Southern Illinois Has Talent"