- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Eva Irene Crowe, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Feb. 19, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 30, 1918, at Lowndes, Mo., daughter of George and Viola Wallace Abernathy. She and George D. Crowe were married Nov. 28, 1941, at Sturdivant, Mo. He died Nov. 23, 1984.
Crowe was a manager 20 years at Velvet Freeze in St. Louis. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include two sons, William Crowe of Cape Girardeau, Donald Crowe of Advance, Mo.; and a brother, James Cato of Sturdivant.
She was preceded in death by a son, a sister and a half brother.
Friends may call from 9 to 10:45 a.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.