- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eva Irene Crowe, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Feb. 19, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 30, 1918, at Lowndes, Mo., daughter of George and Viola Wallace Abernathy. She and George D. Crowe were married Nov. 28, 1941, at Sturdivant, Mo. He died Nov. 23, 1984.
Crowe was a manager 20 years at Velvet Freeze in St. Louis. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include two sons, William Crowe of Cape Girardeau, Donald Crowe of Advance, Mo.; and a brother, James Cato of Sturdivant.
She was preceded in death by a son, a sister and a half brother.
Friends may call from 9 to 10:45 a.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.