- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gladys H. Zahner, 93, of Perryville died Sunday, Feb. 20, 2005, at Independence Court in Perryville.
She was born July 19, 1911, in Bollinger County, daughter of Charles and Leona Schrum Herron. She worked at International Shoe Co. and was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
She married Cletus Edmond, who preceded her in death. She later married Lonnie Zahner, who also preceded her in death.
Surviving are two sons, Ray Edmond of St. Peters, Mo. , and Kenneth Edmond of Perryville; two daughters, Shirley Ehlers of Westminster, Colo., and Leona Vines of St. Charles, Mo.; stepchildren LaWana Kirn of Perryville, Mary Edna Kirn and Margie Loos, both of Cape Girardeau, Dale Zahner of St. Louis, David Zahner and Ronald Zahner, both of Perryville, Larry Zahner of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Linda Hudson of St. Louis and Debra Thieret of Perryville; a sister, Mable Johnson of Perryville; a brother, Claude Herron of West Plains, Mo.; seven grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; 27 stepgrandchildren; and 30 great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, five brothers, a grandson, a granddaughter and a great-stepgrandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville, and from 6:30 a.m. Wednesday until the service at 10:30 a.m. The rosary will be at 9 a.m. The Revs. William Thess and Alan Martin will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.