- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rev. Martin Torbitzky
The Rev. Martin Torbitzky, 91, of St. Charles, Mo., died Monday, Feb. 14, 2005.
He was the son of J.J. Albert and Margaretha Redhage Torbitzky. He married Esther Wolf.
Torbitzky was a minister more than 40 years. He served four churches: Emanuel United Church of Christ at Weldon Springs, Mo., St. John United Church of Christ in Belvidere, Ill., Emanuel United Church of Christ at Jackson, and Zion United Church of Christ in Florissant, Mo.
He was a member of St. Charles Masonic Lodge 241 and Scottish Rite.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Torbitzky of Fenton, Mo., Paul Torbitzky of Wildwood, Mo.; two daughters, Mary Jacks and Ruth Dean of St. Charles; a sister, Elisa Clough of Holiday, Fla.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers.
A memorial service was held Saturday at St. John United Church of Christ in St. Charles.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.