- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marylan Joyce Diebold, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 21, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Sept. 26, 1935, at Sedalia, Mo., daughter of Irwin McKinley and Barbara Ruth Gerber Wahlers. She and Gerald Albert "Chabby" Diebold were married Nov. 24, 1983, at Kelso, Mo. He died May 11, 1990.
Diebold was a teacher at Trenton Elementary School in Trenton, Mo., and was a reading specialist and freelance tutor. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church at Kelso and its Ladies Sodality, and United Methodist Women in Gallatin, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Shannon Green Jr. of Gladstone, Mo.; a daughter, Kathy Karr of Larkspur, Colo.; her fiance, Richard Weber Sr. of Cape Girardeau; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 5 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Cemetery.