- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Beel - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Edward Beel of Cape Girardeau hosted a reception Aug. 29, 2009, at Drury Lodge in observance of their 50th wedding anniversary.
Beel and Shirley Schwartz were married Aug. 29, 1959, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo., by Monsignor Joseph Keusenkothen.
Their attendants were Mary Jean Dohogne Strack, Charles Beel, Cordelia Schrock Peters, Herman Peters, Pat Reinagel Kirn, John F. Schwartz, Mary Jane Schwartz Spinks, and the late Gerald Glastetter.
The couple has a son, Thomas Gerald Beel, who is deceased.