- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Our Latest Canine Good Citizens
Last evening four more dogs became Canine Good Citizens during the latest certification test held in Cape Girardeau. Of the dogs that participated, two are available for adoption through Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary and the Silverwalk Hounds Sanctuary.
This test session also included our first participant under the age of 12. He proved that you do not have to be an adult to get involved in dog obedience. He and his brother are already making plans to attend the upcoming Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games being held at Purina Farms on September 27, 2009. This will be an event open to all dog owners regardless of previous experience.
The next Canine Good Citizen classes are scheduled to begin September 24, 2009, with the next certification on November 12, 2009. This will be the final offering of this class for 2009.
For further information on available dogs, future classes and testing, or volunteering with the program, please contact Melanie Coy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding the Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games, please visit the St. Louis Samoyed Rescue website www.stlsamoyed.com.