- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Our Latest Canine Good Citizens
Last evening four more dogs became Canine Good Citizens during the latest certification test held in Cape Girardeau. Of the dogs that participated, two are available for adoption through Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary and the Silverwalk Hounds Sanctuary.
This test session also included our first participant under the age of 12. He proved that you do not have to be an adult to get involved in dog obedience. He and his brother are already making plans to attend the upcoming Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games being held at Purina Farms on September 27, 2009. This will be an event open to all dog owners regardless of previous experience.
The next Canine Good Citizen classes are scheduled to begin September 24, 2009, with the next certification on November 12, 2009. This will be the final offering of this class for 2009.
For further information on available dogs, future classes and testing, or volunteering with the program, please contact Melanie Coy at email@example.com.
For information regarding the Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games, please visit the St. Louis Samoyed Rescue website www.stlsamoyed.com.