- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Our Latest Canine Good Citizens
Last evening four more dogs became Canine Good Citizens during the latest certification test held in Cape Girardeau. Of the dogs that participated, two are available for adoption through Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary and the Silverwalk Hounds Sanctuary.
This test session also included our first participant under the age of 12. He proved that you do not have to be an adult to get involved in dog obedience. He and his brother are already making plans to attend the upcoming Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games being held at Purina Farms on September 27, 2009. This will be an event open to all dog owners regardless of previous experience.
The next Canine Good Citizen classes are scheduled to begin September 24, 2009, with the next certification on November 12, 2009. This will be the final offering of this class for 2009.
For further information on available dogs, future classes and testing, or volunteering with the program, please contact Melanie Coy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding the Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games, please visit the St. Louis Samoyed Rescue website www.stlsamoyed.com.