- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Our Latest Canine Good Citizens
Last evening four more dogs became Canine Good Citizens during the latest certification test held in Cape Girardeau. Of the dogs that participated, two are available for adoption through Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary and the Silverwalk Hounds Sanctuary.
This test session also included our first participant under the age of 12. He proved that you do not have to be an adult to get involved in dog obedience. He and his brother are already making plans to attend the upcoming Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games being held at Purina Farms on September 27, 2009. This will be an event open to all dog owners regardless of previous experience.
The next Canine Good Citizen classes are scheduled to begin September 24, 2009, with the next certification on November 12, 2009. This will be the final offering of this class for 2009.
For further information on available dogs, future classes and testing, or volunteering with the program, please contact Melanie Coy at email@example.com.
For information regarding the Spirit of St. Louis Canine Games, please visit the St. Louis Samoyed Rescue website www.stlsamoyed.com.