- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kathy L. Shiery, 50, of Jackson died Saturday, Feb. 19, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 1, 1954, in Ames, Iowa, daughter of the Rev. Charles and Dorothy Petersen Shiery.
Shiery was company director for South Coast Children's Society in California. She was a member of Trinity Grace Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her mother of Jackson; a sister, Debby Mahan of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Mike Shiery of Adrian, Mich., Charles Shiery of Greenwood, Delaware, James Shiery of Yukon, Okla., and bestiest friend, James Rocke of Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dale Hayford officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.