- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marjorie H. Leimer, 73, of Jackson passed away Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 10, 1935, in Pocahontas, daughter of Arthur and Marie Koeberl Lichtenegger. She and Joe Leimer were married June 19, 1953, in Pocahontas.
Marjorie was a former member of various committees at St. John Lutheran Church in Pocahontas. She was an avid reader of mysteries and novels, was an enthusiastic Cardinal baseball fan and took great pleasure in cooking for her family. She, along with Joe, also enjoyed dancing, but one of her greatest joys was attending her grandchildren's special events.
Loving survivors include her husband of 56 years; three sons, David (Frances) Leimer and Steven (Brenda) Leimer of Jackson, Michael (LaRae) Leimer of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Sherri (Dale) Robinson of Jackson, and Barbara Dunlap of Clark, Pa.; a brother, Vernon (Judy) Lichtenegger of Pocahontas; and a sister, Dorothy (Herbert) Leimer of Jackson.
Also surviving are 11 grandchildren, Christopher, Justin and Shay Leimer, Caroline Thornburgh, Nikki Libby, Trenton and Abigail Leimer, Nicolas, Jenna and Lacie Robinson, Ian Dunlap; and three great-grandchildren, Autumn Caffrey, and Wesley and Curtis Libby.
She was preceded in death by a son, Gary Leimer in 1954; a son-in-law, Richard Dunlap, in 2009; and an infant grandson, Owen Leimer.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery in Pocahontas.
The family suggests memorials be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.