- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Delta woman injured in crash
A Delta woman is in serious condition after an early morning crash near Cape Girardeau.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 1999 Oldsmobile driven by Steven A. Nolkemper, 21, of Cape Girardeau was making a left turn from Highway 25 onto Route K. He failed to yield to a 2009 Honda driven by Linda G. Hornbuckle, 54, at around 5:40 a.m.
Hornbuckle was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center while Nolkemper traveled by private car and was treated for moderate injuries at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Both drivers were wearing seat belts at the time of the accident.