- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Learning briefs 2/22/05
Holzum earns spot on Mizzou dean's list
Garrett Holzum was named to the dean's list at the University of Missouri-Columbia for the fall 2004 semester. Holzum, a native of Cape Girardeau, has maintained a perfect 4.0 grade point average during his five semesters in the university's nuclear medicine program.
Three Illinois students named state scholars
Casey Cain, Zach Gowin and Daniel Johnston were recently named Illinois State Scholars by the Illinois Student Assistant Commission. All three are students at Egyptian High School.
Hyslop on dean's list at University of Evansville
Sarah Hyslop of Cape Girardeau was named to the fall 2004 semester dean's list at the University of Evansville in Evansville, Ind.
Local students make honors lists at Ole Miss
Anne Domian and Cassie Kipper, both of Cape Girardeau, and Matthew Crosson of Jackson were named to the dean's list for the fall 2004 semester at the University of Mississippi. Wendy Blankenship of Jackson, Nicholas Fiehler of Altenburg, Mo., Brian Tenkhoff of Cape Girardeau and Jan Elizabeth Eftink of Chaffeee, Mo., were named to the chancellor's list at the University of Mississippi for the fall 2004 semester.
Scott City grad makes dean's list at Rend Lake
Tyler Ward, 2004 graduate of Scott City High School, was named to the fall 2004 semester dean's list at Rend Lake College.
Exchange Club names Smith student of month
Lindsey Smith, a senior at Central High School, was named the Exchange Club's student of the month for February. Smith has volunteered for the Rainbow Network, Center for Student Ministries, Salvation Army and the Adopt a Highway program. Smith is the daughter of the Rev. Clayton and Lori Smith.