- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Local briefs 2/22/05
Teen suffers injuries in single-vehicle accident
A Marble Hill, Mo., teenager sustained minor injuries at 12:12 p.m. Sunday on Highway 34 just east of Glenallen, Mo. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Lotte Cook, 16, lost control of the 2000 Pontiac she was driving when she failed to negotiate a curve. The car ran off the left side of the road, hit a large rock and overturned down an embankment. Police issued a summons for failure to drive on the right half of the roadway. Cook was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau for treatment of her injuries.
Jackson residents suffer moderate injuries
Two Jackson residents sustained moderate injuries Sunday on County Road 550 four miles east of Fruitland. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 1998 Chevrolet driven by Candice Cowan, 22, of Jackson ran off the left side of the road and hit a tree. Cowan and a passenger in the car, Allen MacDonald, 40, were both taken to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Wet pavement blamed for causing accident
A Chaffee, Mo., woman and two children escaped serious injury around 11:30 a.m. Sunday in a single-vehicle accident. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the driver, Kimberley Harper, lost control of the 2003 Ford Taurus on a wet road. The accident happened on County Road 205 a mile south of Cape Girardeau. Harper, 25, apparently skidded off the right side of the roadway, struck a concrete bridge abutment and overturned. Harper and two passengers in the car, Kaleb Harper, 3, and Seth Harper, 5, also of Chaffee, sustained minor injuries.
-- From staff reports