- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Jimmy Edwin Lincoln, 69, of Benton died Sunday, Feb. 20, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was the son of Columbus and Bertie Filer Lincoln. He first married Alice Collier in September 1955 in Glenallen, Mo., and then Mary Kannady in September 1979 in St. Louis. She survives.
Lincoln was employed by Laborers Local 282.
He grew up in Bollinger County, moved to Cape Girardeau in 1957 and to Benton in August 1975. He worked at Fisher Body in St. Louis, Biedermann and Patrick's Furniture and did construction work for Laborers Local 282.
He is survived by a daughter, Janie Nothdurft of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a sister, Cleo Angle of Sedgewickville, Mo.; a brother, James Lincoln of Scopus, Mo.; three grandchildren, Christin Dush and husband Brad, John Nothdurft and Jeramie Nothdurft; and three great-grandchildren, Brittany, Cameron and Andrea Dush.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Larry Lincoln, in October 1974; and a sister, Clodine Slinkard.
The family will receive friends from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Unity Baptist Church near Benton, with pastor Dennis Lowe and the Rev. Dale Huff officiating. Interment will be in IOOF Cemetery in Charleston, Mo.