- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Evelyn "Billie" Williamson, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Feb. 18, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 7, 1914, at Dyersburg, Tenn., daughter of Dan and Maud Roberts Stroud. She and Elbert "Ray" Williamson were married July 3, 1971, at St. Charles, Mo. He died June 15, 2003.
Williamson was a member of Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church. She moved to Cape Girardeau from St. Louis more than 25 years ago.
Survivors include a son, Jack E. Hensley of St. Louis; two stepsons, Robert and Elbert Williamson of St. Louis; a daughter, Darlis Holmes of Missouri; two stepdaughters, Barbara Ann Hoelscher of Naples, Fla., Patricia Caldwell of St. Louis; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call Monday from 10 to 10:45 a.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hobbs Chapel Cemetery. The Rev. Janet Hopkins will officiate.