- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Nancy Talbot dies at 89; co-founded clothing line
BOULDER, Colo. -- Nancy Talbot, co-founder of the upscale Talbots women's clothing company, has died from complications of Alzheimer's disease, The Talbots Inc. said. She was 89.
Talbot died Sunday in Boulder, where she lived near one of her daughters.
Talbot and her husband Rudolf opened their first store in Hingham, Mass., in 1947 and launched their mail-order business in 1948.
She once described their clothing as timeless, ladylike, smart, chic and understated.
The couple sold the business in 1973 to General Mills. Rudolf Talbot retired but Nancy Talbot stayed on as a vice president until retiring in 1983.
The company how has 586 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Nancy Talbot is survived by two daughters, Polly Donald of Boulder and Jane Winter of St. Louis. Rudolf Talbot died in 1987.