- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Nancy Talbot dies at 89; co-founded clothing line
BOULDER, Colo. -- Nancy Talbot, co-founder of the upscale Talbots women's clothing company, has died from complications of Alzheimer's disease, The Talbots Inc. said. She was 89.
Talbot died Sunday in Boulder, where she lived near one of her daughters.
Talbot and her husband Rudolf opened their first store in Hingham, Mass., in 1947 and launched their mail-order business in 1948.
She once described their clothing as timeless, ladylike, smart, chic and understated.
The couple sold the business in 1973 to General Mills. Rudolf Talbot retired but Nancy Talbot stayed on as a vice president until retiring in 1983.
The company how has 586 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Nancy Talbot is survived by two daughters, Polly Donald of Boulder and Jane Winter of St. Louis. Rudolf Talbot died in 1987.