- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Nancy Talbot dies at 89; co-founded clothing line
BOULDER, Colo. -- Nancy Talbot, co-founder of the upscale Talbots women's clothing company, has died from complications of Alzheimer's disease, The Talbots Inc. said. She was 89.
Talbot died Sunday in Boulder, where she lived near one of her daughters.
Talbot and her husband Rudolf opened their first store in Hingham, Mass., in 1947 and launched their mail-order business in 1948.
She once described their clothing as timeless, ladylike, smart, chic and understated.
The couple sold the business in 1973 to General Mills. Rudolf Talbot retired but Nancy Talbot stayed on as a vice president until retiring in 1983.
The company how has 586 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Nancy Talbot is survived by two daughters, Polly Donald of Boulder and Jane Winter of St. Louis. Rudolf Talbot died in 1987.