- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Nancy Talbot dies at 89; co-founded clothing line
BOULDER, Colo. -- Nancy Talbot, co-founder of the upscale Talbots women's clothing company, has died from complications of Alzheimer's disease, The Talbots Inc. said. She was 89.
Talbot died Sunday in Boulder, where she lived near one of her daughters.
Talbot and her husband Rudolf opened their first store in Hingham, Mass., in 1947 and launched their mail-order business in 1948.
She once described their clothing as timeless, ladylike, smart, chic and understated.
The couple sold the business in 1973 to General Mills. Rudolf Talbot retired but Nancy Talbot stayed on as a vice president until retiring in 1983.
The company how has 586 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Nancy Talbot is survived by two daughters, Polly Donald of Boulder and Jane Winter of St. Louis. Rudolf Talbot died in 1987.