- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Virginia "Jen" Jackson, 75, of Anna died Friday, Feb. 18, 2005, at Hillview Healthcare Center in Vienna, Ill.
She was born July 4, 1929, in Carterville, Ill., daughter of Clyde and Daisy Stocks Crawford. She and Thomas Jackson were married Aug. 13, 1947. He died Nov. 22, 1984.
Jackson retired from Clyde Choate Mental Health Center in 1991. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary to Post 3455, and Anna Moose Lodge.
Survivors include a son, Melvin "Gus" Jackson of Makanda, Ill.; a sister, Jo Ann Kerr of Buncombe, Ill.; a grandson; two great-grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery at Buncombe.