- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two Perry County men charged with growing marijuana
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Two Perry County men were arrested Thursday to cap off a drug investigation that spanned more than a month, said Perry County Sheriff Gary Schaaf.
Cody W. French, 22, and Cory L. Beauchamp, 24, both of Perryville, were arrested on charges of growing marijuana, are both incarcerated at the Perry County Jail on a $25,000 cash-only bond.
French faces three counts of manufacturing a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and is considered a prior and persistent offender. Beauchamp is charged with two counts of manufacturing a controlled substance.
"Cody and Cory are not strangers to us," Schaaf said.
The two were suspects in another investigation, which led to the discovery of the marijuana plants, Schaaf said.
The Southeast Missouri Drug Task Force participated in the investigation, Schaaf said.