- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Citizens Electric names new CEO
Van Robinson will take over the position of CEO at Citizens Electric on Sept. 13, according to a news release from the electric cooperative. Robinson replaces Anthony Campbell, who resigned in May. Citizens Electric is based in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
Robinson has been serving as interim CEO since Campbell's departure. A graduate of Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Robinson also is Citizen Electric Cooperative's chief financial officer.
Before joining the company, Robinson worked for Ameren in St. Louis.
Board president Skip Lottes said the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association conducted a nationwide search and that Robinson was chosen from 80 applicants.