- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Keep telling it like it is
To the editor:
I have lived in Cape Girardeau all my adult life. And now at the age of 63 I, for the first time in my life, feel I must respond to a letter by Robert Polack Jr.
Yes, liberals do have deep moral values. And, yes, liberals are Christians too. Granted, some of us Christians have quit going to the churches because of their strong conservative stands on abortion, gay rights and all the other hate stands the churches have in recent years come to espouse. Yes, the likes of the Limbaugh brothers, Jerry Falwell and even a lot of local preachers have done more to turn us proud, liberal Democrats against the cause of religion than even the devil himself could have ever done. Notice I said religion, not Christ. I love my Lord Jesus and my brothers and sisters of the world now more than ever before. As for religion, I don't need any if it looks like a Republican, talks like a Republican and hates like the devil.
Mr. Polack, keep on telling it like it is.
Could anyone name me just one social program the Republican Party has ever come up with for the working man and the poor?
FRANK CLIPPARD, Cape Girardeau