- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Keep telling it like it is
To the editor:
I have lived in Cape Girardeau all my adult life. And now at the age of 63 I, for the first time in my life, feel I must respond to a letter by Robert Polack Jr.
Yes, liberals do have deep moral values. And, yes, liberals are Christians too. Granted, some of us Christians have quit going to the churches because of their strong conservative stands on abortion, gay rights and all the other hate stands the churches have in recent years come to espouse. Yes, the likes of the Limbaugh brothers, Jerry Falwell and even a lot of local preachers have done more to turn us proud, liberal Democrats against the cause of religion than even the devil himself could have ever done. Notice I said religion, not Christ. I love my Lord Jesus and my brothers and sisters of the world now more than ever before. As for religion, I don't need any if it looks like a Republican, talks like a Republican and hates like the devil.
Mr. Polack, keep on telling it like it is.
Could anyone name me just one social program the Republican Party has ever come up with for the working man and the poor?
FRANK CLIPPARD, Cape Girardeau