- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Keep telling it like it is
To the editor:
I have lived in Cape Girardeau all my adult life. And now at the age of 63 I, for the first time in my life, feel I must respond to a letter by Robert Polack Jr.
Yes, liberals do have deep moral values. And, yes, liberals are Christians too. Granted, some of us Christians have quit going to the churches because of their strong conservative stands on abortion, gay rights and all the other hate stands the churches have in recent years come to espouse. Yes, the likes of the Limbaugh brothers, Jerry Falwell and even a lot of local preachers have done more to turn us proud, liberal Democrats against the cause of religion than even the devil himself could have ever done. Notice I said religion, not Christ. I love my Lord Jesus and my brothers and sisters of the world now more than ever before. As for religion, I don't need any if it looks like a Republican, talks like a Republican and hates like the devil.
Mr. Polack, keep on telling it like it is.
Could anyone name me just one social program the Republican Party has ever come up with for the working man and the poor?
FRANK CLIPPARD, Cape Girardeau