- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)4
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Keep telling it like it is
To the editor:
I have lived in Cape Girardeau all my adult life. And now at the age of 63 I, for the first time in my life, feel I must respond to a letter by Robert Polack Jr.
Yes, liberals do have deep moral values. And, yes, liberals are Christians too. Granted, some of us Christians have quit going to the churches because of their strong conservative stands on abortion, gay rights and all the other hate stands the churches have in recent years come to espouse. Yes, the likes of the Limbaugh brothers, Jerry Falwell and even a lot of local preachers have done more to turn us proud, liberal Democrats against the cause of religion than even the devil himself could have ever done. Notice I said religion, not Christ. I love my Lord Jesus and my brothers and sisters of the world now more than ever before. As for religion, I don't need any if it looks like a Republican, talks like a Republican and hates like the devil.
Mr. Polack, keep on telling it like it is.
Could anyone name me just one social program the Republican Party has ever come up with for the working man and the poor?
FRANK CLIPPARD, Cape Girardeau