- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Leland Shivelbine, longtime Cape music lover, businessman, dies at 92 (6/25/18)
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders win awards
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders won numerous awards at the National Cheerleaders Association camp held at Southeast Missouri State University on July 24-26, 2009.
Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Faith Tegel, Liz Johnson-Carter, Ashley Sexton, Anneishia Lewis and Kayla Smith won All-American recognition.
The Leadership Award went to Erica Childs. Both the Freshmen and Varsity squads received the SPOT award for safety in their stunting. The Varsity Squad won the Champion Chant in the Varsity division. Both the Freshmen and the Varsity cheerleaders won the Game Day Cheer award in their divisions. The Varsity squad also won the Technical Excellence award and also brought home the Herkie Team award which is given to the squad with the best performance during formal evaluations.
Varsity squad members are Rachel Bagot, Becca Bliss, Whitney Bramlett, Kylie Chapman, Erica Childs, Jessica Hagerty, Liz-Johnson Carter, Ellie Kidd, Alicia Kennon, Anneishia Lewis, Molly Martin, Megan Matlock, Donique McClinton, Taylor Morse, Lizzie Nussbaum, Maria Popp, Kristyn Sanders, Ashley Sexton, Kayla Smith and Macy Wilson.
Freshmen squad members are Hannah Bagot, Jaliesha Bingham, Morghan Edwards, Riley Ferguson, Yaliyah Jiles, Emily Majoros, Lexy Meyer, Mollie Nelms, Emily Stephens, Faith Tegel and Hollie Tidwell. Coaches are Patty Wamble, Mary LeGrand and Lindsay Wamble.