- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)43
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders win awards
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders won numerous awards at the National Cheerleaders Association camp held at Southeast Missouri State University on July 24-26, 2009.
Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Faith Tegel, Liz Johnson-Carter, Ashley Sexton, Anneishia Lewis and Kayla Smith won All-American recognition.
The Leadership Award went to Erica Childs. Both the Freshmen and Varsity squads received the SPOT award for safety in their stunting. The Varsity Squad won the Champion Chant in the Varsity division. Both the Freshmen and the Varsity cheerleaders won the Game Day Cheer award in their divisions. The Varsity squad also won the Technical Excellence award and also brought home the Herkie Team award which is given to the squad with the best performance during formal evaluations.
Varsity squad members are Rachel Bagot, Becca Bliss, Whitney Bramlett, Kylie Chapman, Erica Childs, Jessica Hagerty, Liz-Johnson Carter, Ellie Kidd, Alicia Kennon, Anneishia Lewis, Molly Martin, Megan Matlock, Donique McClinton, Taylor Morse, Lizzie Nussbaum, Maria Popp, Kristyn Sanders, Ashley Sexton, Kayla Smith and Macy Wilson.
Freshmen squad members are Hannah Bagot, Jaliesha Bingham, Morghan Edwards, Riley Ferguson, Yaliyah Jiles, Emily Majoros, Lexy Meyer, Mollie Nelms, Emily Stephens, Faith Tegel and Hollie Tidwell. Coaches are Patty Wamble, Mary LeGrand and Lindsay Wamble.