- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders win awards
Cape Central High School Cheerleaders won numerous awards at the National Cheerleaders Association camp held at Southeast Missouri State University on July 24-26, 2009.
Lexy Meyer, Hannah Bagot, Faith Tegel, Liz Johnson-Carter, Ashley Sexton, Anneishia Lewis and Kayla Smith won All-American recognition.
The Leadership Award went to Erica Childs. Both the Freshmen and Varsity squads received the SPOT award for safety in their stunting. The Varsity Squad won the Champion Chant in the Varsity division. Both the Freshmen and the Varsity cheerleaders won the Game Day Cheer award in their divisions. The Varsity squad also won the Technical Excellence award and also brought home the Herkie Team award which is given to the squad with the best performance during formal evaluations.
Varsity squad members are Rachel Bagot, Becca Bliss, Whitney Bramlett, Kylie Chapman, Erica Childs, Jessica Hagerty, Liz-Johnson Carter, Ellie Kidd, Alicia Kennon, Anneishia Lewis, Molly Martin, Megan Matlock, Donique McClinton, Taylor Morse, Lizzie Nussbaum, Maria Popp, Kristyn Sanders, Ashley Sexton, Kayla Smith and Macy Wilson.
Freshmen squad members are Hannah Bagot, Jaliesha Bingham, Morghan Edwards, Riley Ferguson, Yaliyah Jiles, Emily Majoros, Lexy Meyer, Mollie Nelms, Emily Stephens, Faith Tegel and Hollie Tidwell. Coaches are Patty Wamble, Mary LeGrand and Lindsay Wamble.