- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Doris Christine Dreyer Gerecke, 69, of Altenburg, loving wife, mother and grandmother, passed away Sunday, Aug. 30, 2009, at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio.
She was born Oct. 5, 1939, at Frohna, Mo., daughter of the late Gilbert and Eugenia Dreyer of Frohna.
Doris is survived by her husband of 50 years, Harold Gerecke; and their children, David and wife Heather, Walter and wife Pamela, and Rebecca and husband Patrick. Doris also has five grandchildren, Tahlia, Prue, Gavin, Lynnea and Harper; and a brother, Verlin and wife Betty.
Her many contributions to those she loved and cared for as well as to the community will be forever remembered and cherished.
Visitation will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna.
The service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Ron Benkendorf officiating. Burial will be in Concordia Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorials may be made in her name to Concordia Lutheran School Remodeling Fund, Frohna.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.
Until we meet again may God hold you in the palm of his hands.