- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
good bets 9/3/09
Summer Grace Communion season concludes with a concert featuring Crossroads of Advance, Mo. Bring a lawn chair, the event is outside in the Wesley Flower Garden.
When: 7 p.m. today
Where: Wesley United Methodist Church, Jackson
Pathways Presents: A Night Of Christian Music
Free night of Christian music hosted by The Rev. Billy Garner.
When: 7:30 to 10 p.m. today
Where: Mississippi Mud House
Phat Cat Fridays
DJ Vince Brown plays the sounds.
When: 7 p.m. Friday
Where: The Phat Cat
Classic Country Band
Good ole country.
When: 7 to 10:30 p.m. Friday
Where: American Legion hall, Jackson
Groove to this Perryville jam band.
When: 9 p.m. Friday
Where: Rude Dog Pub
Bill Booth at Thousand Oaks Winery
Classic rock, country and other favorites.
When: 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday
Where: Thousand Oaks Winery, Marble Hill, Mo.
Rockin' at Ray's.
When: 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday
Where: Ray's of Kelso, Kelso, Mo.
Ozark Opry Band
Country music on a Saturday night.
When: 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday
Where: Ozark Opry, Jackson
Midnight Hero rocks Schock's Pub
When: 9 p.m. Saturday
Where: Schock's Pub, Scott City
Original and covers of country and rock.
When: 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday
Where: River Ridge Winery, Commerce. Mo.
CD completion party
Doug Rees comes back to Cape for a concert of his new CD.
When: 7 p.m.
Where: Dockside The Upper Deck
When: 5 p.m. Sunday
Where: Hombre Hair Salon
Bluegrass and old-time jam
Break out the banjo.
When: 6 p.m. Sunday
Where: Dennis Scivally Park
Sit-in jam band
Show off your musical chops in a jam session.
When: 7:30 p.m. Sunday
SEMO Jazz Band
Entertainment to wind down with.
When: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Buckner Brewing Co.
Country Club Western Dance class
Line dance and couples for any skill level.
When: Beginners start at 6 p.m.; regular dance 7 to 9 p.m. Monday
Where: American Legion Post 63, Cape Girardeau
Irene's Country Dancers
Swing your partner or learn a line dance.
When: beginners at 6 p.m.; regular dance 7 to 9 p.m. Monday and Wednesday
Where: Cape Girardau Eagles 3775, Cape Girardeau
Tour of Missouri festival
Several acts planned to celebrate and welcome Tour of Missouri cyclists into the race's stage 2 finish. Percussion group Shere Khan will start the festivities at noon followed by demonstrations, high school bands and choirs, dance groups and more.
When: noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Downtown Cape Girardeau
Disney on Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic
All your favorite characters, all your favorite songs and fun for all the family.
Where: Family Arena, St. Charles, Mo.
When: doors open at 6 p.m. today, Friday; 10:30 a.m., 2:30 and 6 p.m. Saturday; noon and 4 p.m. Sunday