- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Elza Ray Myers, 70, of St. Ann, Mo., died Wednesday Feb. 16, 2005, at National Health Care Center in Maryland Heights, Mo.
He was born Oct. 29, 1934, near Lutesville, Mo., son of Marvin and Lulu Myrtle Brown Myers. He married Ruth E. James on May 26, 1962. She died March 20,1987. He married Karen Crabtree May 21, 2000.
He retired from the Cupples Company in St. Louis. He was a member of the Seventh Day Church of God in Mount Vernon, Ill. He was also a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors also include his wife; three daughters, Katherine Maugeri and Rebecca Sue Myers, both of Overland, Mo., Delilah Wilkes of Woodson Terrace, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Carolyn Eller of St. Ann, Mo.; five brothers, Wilburn Myers of Blanket, Texas, Carl, Lonnie and Terry Myers, all of Marble Hill, Robert Myers of Whitewater, Mo.; two sisters, Alta Eaker and Edna Brawley, both of Marble Hill; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister and three brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home with the Rev. Jimmie Fulbright officiating. Burial will be in the Bollinger County Memorial Park cemetery near Marble Hill.