- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Alice Johnson, 87, of Vicksburg, Miss., died Monday, Feb. 14, 2005, at Claiborne County Nursing Home in Port Gibson, Miss.
She was born Oct. 24, 1917, in Cairo, daughter of Gilbert and Alice Hulen Swoboda Sr. She married John Johnson.
Survivors include two daughters, Laurie Johnson of Vicksburg, Tricia Berry of Indianola, Miss.; a sister, Marie McRoy of Cairo; a brother, Gilbert "Rags" Swoboda Jr. of Cairo; and several grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Private graveside service was held Thursday at Spencer Heights Cemetery in Mounds, Ill., with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo was in charge of arrangements.