- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Perry County Sheriff's Department seeks help identifying suspect
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- The Perry County Sheriff's Department is seeking help in identifying a man suspected of assaulting another man at the victim's home.
According to a news release from the sheriff's department, the victim was working in his yard at the Lake Kah-Tan-Da development Aug. 16 when another man passed by on an ATV and the victim told the ATV driver to slow down. The ATV driver returned later, at which time the victim again yelled at him to slow down.
The sheriff's department reported the ATV driver stopped, yelled at the victim, poked him in the chest with his finger and pushed into him with his chest, knocking the victim backward. The ATV driver refused to tell the victim where he lived or what he was doing on private property, and he left the area, the news release said.
Deputies later found that the ATV driver had stopped to look a game cam, and the victim provided a picture of the suspect from the camera. The suspect has a tattoo on his right arm with a prominent letter D.
The ATV driver is being sought for misdemeanor assault. Anyone with information should call the sheriff's office at 573-547-4576.