- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MORLEY, Mo. -- Dale "Red" Vaughn, 68, of Morley died Monday, Aug. 31, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 24, 1941, in Gideon, Mo., to the late Frank and Ethel Jordon Vaughn. Red and Marilyn "Sudie" Hopper have been together as companions since Nov. 11, 1979. She survives of the home.
Dale was a retired truck driver with Crete Carriers in Lincoln, Neb. He was a member of Sikeston Eagles Aerie 3319.
Other survivors include four sons, Jim Patrick of Morley, Dale (Sue) Vaughn Jr. of Springfield, Ill., Mike (Julie) Vaughn of Dixon, Ill., Alan (Denise) Hopper of Sikeston Mo.; three daughters, Regeania Wineland of Laurie, Mo., Shelly (Dave) Cornelius of Oran, Mo., Deborah (Tom) Roslen of Morley; a sister, Wanda (Robert) Ogden of Morley; 16 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Dale was also preceded in death by a son and four sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.