- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson woman subdued with stun gun, arrested on charges of assaulting police
Jackson police arrested a woman over the weekend for allegedly assaulting two officers and trying to kick the window out of a patrol car, according to court records.
Kelly M. Seabaugh, 31, 241 Estate Drive, was charged Sunday with two counts of assault on a law enforcement officer, and a misdemeanor of disturbing the
Police responded Sunday evening to a call of an intoxicated woman screaming obscenities and beating on the doors of rooms at the Comfort Suites hotel on East Jackson Boulevard.
When officers arrived, Seabaugh was allegedly screaming racial slurs and began climbing the steps on the east side of the building when she saw the officers, according to a probable cause statement by Cpl. Anthony Henson of the Jackson Police Department.
Hotel management asked police to escort Seabaugh off the property, and she went into a hotel room. When the two officers followed her, she ran at one of them and tried to push him out of the
He pushed her backward, saying she would now be arrested for assault, and she said she was not going to jail, according to the sworn statement.
She then began kicking, striking one officer in the midsection and the shin before they were able to pull her from the bed, the statement
Once on the floor Seabaugh allegedly attempted to kick one of the officers in the face, and the other discharged his department-issued Taser, hitting her in the upper
Even after restraints were placed on her, Seabaugh continued the struggle, the statement said, at one point attempting to pull one of the officers down the flight of steps, and later trying to kick out the window of the police car, the statement said.
Bond was set at $15,000 cash only.
2904 Old Orchard Road, Jackson, Mo.