- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame
Mrs. Marjorie Swan of Pocahontas was welcomed into the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame on Aug. 16 at the 2009 Missouri State Fair. She was one of 53 volunteers and 4-H supporters from around the state recognized for their service and dedication to the youth of University of Missouri Extension 4-H. Mrs. Swan will be completing her 59th year as a 4-H volunteer for the Cape Girardeau County 4-H program. In her 59 years of service she has done it all. She has served as the Club Leader for the Pocahontas 4-H Club, served on the county 4-H Council, and also served in several capacities on the state level as a 4-H volunteer.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation established the Hall of Fame in 2007 to recognize outstanding service to University of Missouri Extension 4-H programs. "The foundation is proud of the great people who make Missouri 4-H such a premier youth organization and we are delight to acknowledge their devotion to Missouri youth," said Bud Hertzog, chair of the Missouri 4-H Foundation Board.