- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame
Mrs. Marjorie Swan of Pocahontas was welcomed into the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame on Aug. 16 at the 2009 Missouri State Fair. She was one of 53 volunteers and 4-H supporters from around the state recognized for their service and dedication to the youth of University of Missouri Extension 4-H. Mrs. Swan will be completing her 59th year as a 4-H volunteer for the Cape Girardeau County 4-H program. In her 59 years of service she has done it all. She has served as the Club Leader for the Pocahontas 4-H Club, served on the county 4-H Council, and also served in several capacities on the state level as a 4-H volunteer.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation established the Hall of Fame in 2007 to recognize outstanding service to University of Missouri Extension 4-H programs. "The foundation is proud of the great people who make Missouri 4-H such a premier youth organization and we are delight to acknowledge their devotion to Missouri youth," said Bud Hertzog, chair of the Missouri 4-H Foundation Board.