- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Fire damages Cape Girardeau home
An early morning fire caused extensive damage to a Cape Girardeau home but the family living inside the structure escaped. According to Cape Girardeau Fire Department Chief Fred Vincel, the fire at 1003 Ranney St. occurred around 3:21 a.m. today.
The home sustained about $25,000 in damage. Vincel said an aggressive interior attack brought the fire under control.
The cause and origin of the fire is under investigation.
1003 Ranney St., Cape Girardeau, MO