- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast roundup: Hughes, Barth nab volleyball honors
Southeast Missouri State won two of the Ohio Valley Conference's three weekly awards for volleyball.
Junior middle blocker Emily Hughes is the OVC offensive player of the week, while senior Sarah Barth is the league's setter of the week.
The two were honored Monday for their performances over the weekend at the season-opening Memphis Invitational, where Southeast went 2-1 and captured the title.
Hughes was the tournament's most outstanding player. She had 69 kills in the three matches, including a career-high 24 against Evansville.
Barth, also an all-tournament selection, recorded 137 assists and had two double-doubles.
Southeast returns to action Friday at the Belmont Invitational in Nashville, Tenn.
Softball fall schedule
The Southeast softball program recently announced its fall schedule that features eight games, including a home doubleheader.
Southeast begins fall play Sept. 19 in Carbondale, Ill., against Southern Illinois-Edwardsville at 1 p.m. and John A. Logan College at 5 p.m.
The home action will be Sept. 30 with a 5 p.m. doubleheader against Three Rivers Community College.
Other road dates are Sept. 27 in Carbondale, Ill., against Lakeland College at 11 a.m. then Southern Illinois at 1 p.m.; and Oct. 11 with a 2 p.m. doubleheader against Missouri-St. Louis.
Tennis alumni match
The Southeast women's tennis program will host an alumni match from 8 to 11 a.m. Sept. 19 as part of the university's Family Weekend.
All former Southeast players, along with fans, can meet members of the 2010 Redhawks.
For more information, call Southeast coach Mark Elliott at 986-1314.
-- From staff reports